What is hiking? It’s too laid back to be considered a sport, and to exhausting to pass for “wellness”. You can do it by yourself and let your thoughts roam free under the loneliness of the bright blue sky
At the same time, hiking is also an extremely sociable activity, ideal for larger groups. Its slowness has led to it becoming popular again; in a world that is getting faster and louder by the day.
Good shoes, a phone on silent mode, and leisure is all you need. At most the benevolence of the Engadine sun which is rarely ever shrouded in clouds. Another thing speaking for hiking is that it is for everybody, from Reinhold Messner to the laziest couch potato. We make it easier for you and are happy to suggest a few routes for you.
Lazy: A walk around the lake of St. Moritz
Relaxed pace: Wasserweg to the six Leijins
Sporty: Corviglia – Suvretta – Julier Pass road – Silvaplana
Ambitious: Alp Languard – Piz Languard – Paradis hut – Alp Languard
Good to know: engadin.stmoritz.ch presents many hiking trails for download on your smartphone.
Our offers in summer
- Free relaxation in sauna and steam room
- Free admission to the nearby fitness center
- 20% discount on green fees of the golf courses Samedan and Zuoz Madulain (18 holes) or Kulmpark (9 hole, next to the Hotel)
- Free mountain bikes, e-bikes and hiking poles upon availability
- For mountain bikers: we offer a bike cellar, a laundry room, laundry and repair service and a sports breakfast as well as lunch on the go
- We will gladly recommend capable and popular mountain guides and give you hiking tips
- We are happy to give you tips for tours that are easily feasible with children